The Vatnajökull Region WOW!
Vatnajökull Region ltd. is a cluster of Southeast Iceland tourism, food and culture companies
Extends from Lómagnúpur mountain in the west to Hvalnes peninsula in the east
- Includes all of Hornafjörður municipality
- Is basically the region south of Vatnajökull glacier
- The Lónsöræfi wilderness stretches northwards, past municipal boundaries
- Vatnajökull National Park
- Cooperation with Djúpivogur municipality to initiate projects and develop products
- Member of South Iceland Marketing
- Marketing the region, with an emphasis on winter
- Developing products, conducting projects
- Building and improving infrastructure
- Producing promotional material
- Receiving tour wholesalers and journalists from television and other media
- Encouraging cooperation and unity within the cluster
- Increase efficiency in the tourist industry, along with financial outcome and profitability
- Shorten low seasons in local tourism
- Lengthen tourist stays
- Add to the number of year-round positions in local tourism
- Market the local food and tourist industry under a single trademark
See the participating firms of Vatnajökull Region WOW! here on the Green Pages. You can get a good overview on the countries local food places here on the Green Map.
Aug. 7, 2011
Uppruni:Ríki Vatnajökuls WOW!
Ríki Vatnajökuls „Í Ríki Vatnajökuls WOW!“, Náttúran.is: Aug. 7, 2011 URL: http://www.natturan.is/d/2009/10/23/i-riki-vatnajokuls-wow/ [Skoðað:June 3, 2023]Efni má nota eða vitna í samkvæmt almennum venjum sé heimilda getið með slóð eða fullri tilvitnun hér að ofan.
skrifað: Oct. 23, 2009
breytt: Aug. 6, 2011