Worldwide Friends clean up the coastline of Iceland
Veraldarvinir/Worldwide Friends is an organization of volunteers that actively participate in cleaning up the coastline of Iceland. The project celebrated it's 7th year anniversary this summer. Over two-thousand volunteers have participated since the year 2002.
The Road to environmental and cultural awareness:
Seven years is not a long time in the life of an organization and in the middle of June this year Veraldarvinir will celebrate the seventh anniversary. From 2003 more than 2.000 international volunteers have visited Iceland to participate in different projects all around the country. The board of directors made a strategic plan for the years 2001 - 2006. The two main goals to achieve were set:
- To build an organization cooperating with local communities around Iceland and international partners all around the globe.
- To promote peace, understanding, environmental and cultural awareness through voluntary work and peace fostering projects.
The goals have been reached in general and the following next steps set forth for the years 2007 - 2011.
- To improve the over all quality inside the organization with more focus on Peace fostering activities and educational value of our work.
- To strengthen the infrastructure, human resources and capacity inside Veraldarvinir and to increase the number of active members up to two hundred.
- To secure the financial situation of the organization
Guðrún Arndís Tryggvadóttir „Veraldarvinir taka til á Íslandi“, Náttúran.is: July 26, 2008 URL: http://www.natturan.is/d/2008/07/26/veraldarvinir-taka-til-islandi/ [Skoðað:April 17, 2021]Efni má nota eða vitna í samkvæmt almennum venjum sé heimilda getið með slóð eða fullri tilvitnun hér að ofan.
breytt: Nov. 1, 2008